Skin tags are mostly a cosmetic problem, but it can be solved easily with over-the-counter products, such as HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector. This product stands out as it delivers quick results after a single application. What is its formula and how does it work? Is it safe to use anywhere on the body?
HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector is a cauterizing cream which works by chemically “burning” skin tag tissue. The formula can get rid of a skin tag within a week after a single application. It is easy to use and works fast, so it’s a great option for self-treatment at home.
Product Review: HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector
HaloDerm Advanced Mole and Skin Tag Remover is a safe and effective over-the-counter treatment option if going to a dermatologist is too expensive, but you want quick results. It can get rid of a skin tag after only one treatment and in as little as 24 hours. Results vary depending on the size of the skin tag and as each person reacts differently to the ingredients used in the product.
HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector uses all-natural ingredients that are known for their skin healing properties.
- Dulmacara or bittersweet is a homeopathic plant used for treating many skin conditions.
- White cedar oil is a popular essential oil used for treating skin tags and other blemishes.
- Antimonium crudum is derived from a crystalline mineral and is a popular Chinese homeopathic remedy for common skin conditions.
- Calcarea carbonica is impure calcium carbonate derived from the middle layer of oyster shells and is also a homeopathic skin remedy.
- Bloodroot, or Sanguinaria canadensis, is a flowering plant native to North America that has been used as a natural remedy for different skin ailments for many centuries. This plant is known to help stimulate white blood cell production to promote proper healing of the skin from blemishes.
Is it safe to use?
The product is considered a homeopathic remedy, which means it helps the body heal itself. It works similarly to a cauterizing cream, however, so use in sensitive areas should be done with extra caution, or avoided. There is a mild stinging sensation when the cream is applied; this is normal as the formula works by chemically burning off skin tag tissue.
If you experience any pain, wash off the area immediately with soap and cool water. Either you used too much cream or your skin is too sensitive for the product’s formulation. See a doctor if possible.
Make sure to follow the instructions on the proper use of the product to achieve the desired results with minimal to zero risk of pain, bleeding, infection, and/or scarring.
- Use an emery board to lightly roughen up the skin tag. This will help the skin tag tissue better absorb the cream. Do not rub the skin tag too hard or it might bleed.
- Apply petroleum jelly to the healthy skin surrounding the skin tag to serve as a protective barrier in case you accidentally apply a bit of cream on healthy skin.
- Use a cotton swab to apply a small amount of HaloDerm directly to the skin tag. Just use enough so that the skin tag is lightly covered with cream. You will feel a mild stinging sensation; this means that the cream is working. Do not use too much or you’ll end up with a red and sore growth.
- Cover the treated area with a band-aid or gauze to help the growth completely absorb the cream and to keep microorganisms from infecting it.
- Leave the band-aid/gauze on for at least eight hours.
- The skin tag should have fallen off after 8 hours, and a scab should have formed in its place.
- Leave the scab alone. Let it heal naturally. This will take about a week or so, depending on the size of the skin tag that was removed. Do not pick or scratch off the scab or you’ll risk infection and scarring. You can apply Neosporin or some other antibacterial ointment immediately after removing the band-aid/gauze to prevent infection. Use vitamin E oil or lotion on the area to facilitate faster recovery of your skin.
How long before you see results?
Once you apply the cream, you’ll know it’s working when you feel a mild stinging sensation. The formula is doing its job of “burning off” the skin tag tissue. If you don’t feel anything, you may need to reapply more cream. Just be careful not to use too much; reapply only a small amount as needed and until you feel the mild sting.
The skin tag should be gone and should have scabbed over after about 8 hours. The scab will slowly and naturally flake away within a week or so. It will leave behind a slight discoloration. The skin will go back to normal over time.
Haloderm Mole & Skin Tag Corrector is one of the fastest-working over-the-counter skin tag creams on the market. A single bottle can treat up to 15 small skin tags. Only a single treatment is typically needed per skin tag.
Are there side effects you should worry about?
Aside from the mild stinging sensation, using the product has no worrisome side effects – just make sure you follow the directions for use to the letter.
Below are some precautions you should keep in mind:
- Do not use the product on individuals under 18 years of age. Keep out of reach of children.
- Minor skin irritation is normal when the cream is applied. If irritation persists or gets worse, wash it off immediately.
- Do not use the product on an irritated skin tag.
- Make sure the cream doesn’t get on healthy skin. If this happens, wash it off immediately.
- Take extra care when using the cream on a skin tag located in a sensitive area. Or avoid using the product altogether and treat the skin tag via a different method or with a different product.
How effective is HaloDerm?
What works for one person may not work on another. It’s also possible that some skin tags will require more than one application. The overall feedback for HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector, however, is positive. Most of the customers are satisfied with the fast and effective results.
HaloDerm does offer a money-back guarantee if a customer is not satisfied with the product. But before deciding that HaloDerm is not delivering as promised, make sure that you are using it the right way. A skin tag may just need another application of the cream. Or perhaps you didn’t roughen it up adequately, or you skipped this step entirely.
As long as you don’t experience any burning pain or irritation, it’s safe to re-apply the cream to get your desired result.
Pros and Cons
HaloDerm has mostly positive reviews. It’s formulation has been proven numerous times to work on eliminating skin tags and moles. But, of course, the treatment also has its downsides. Let’s have a look at HaloDerm’s pros and cons.
- Only a single application is usually needed to get rid of a skin tag.
- Works relatively fast. Gets rid of a single skin tag about 8 hours after application.
- Easy to use as self-treatment for skin tags and moles.
- Each bottle can be used for up to 15 small skin tags.
- There is minimal to zero risk of bleeding, infection, and scarring.
- Contains all-natural ingredients that are common homeopathic remedies.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Causes a mild stinging sensation when applied.
- Can burn surrounding healthy skin if accidentally applied on it.
- Some skin tags may require more than one application.
- Once opened, the cream has a tendency to thicken and may need to be thinned out.
- May not be suitable for treatment of skin tags in sensitive areas.
Is HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector a great option?
As a homeopathic treatment, HaloDerm is still a potent formula that requires caution when used. Its potency also means it’s fairly effective in getting rid of skin tags. It’s ingredients offer a number of healing and antiseptic benefits so that there is minimal to zero risk of bleeding, infection, and/or scarring.
As with any cauterizing cream product, there is always the danger of burning healthy skin outside the target area. The formation of a scab is normal and it actually means that the treatment worked as desired.
Compared to other similar products, HaloDerm Mole and Skin Tag Corrector is among the most popular because it delivers.
|Convenience:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Painless:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Speed:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Results:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.8 / 5)|